Your Business Association
Driving Local Business & Community
The Gateway to The Hibiscus Coast
Silverdale is the place to do business, live, work and play
What do Mighty Ape, Electrix and Hiway Stabilizers have in common? Each is a leading New Zealand business that chose Silverdale – Auckland’s Gateway to the North – as its head office base.
Located within a tight, accessible geographic area, you will find leading brand factory outlets like Bendon and Team Rhapsody, home to sports shoes, clothes and branded NRL gear. Not to forget, most main anchor stores like Bunnings, Kings Plant Barn, Animates, The Warehouse and Pak’ n Save superstores, as well as Briscoes and Rebel Sports coming very soon.
It’s easy to see why so many companies – from small bespoke boutiques to cafés, restaurants and even specialist timber suppliers – choose Silverdale for business and lifestyle.
Less than twenty minutes’ motorway drive north from the Auckland Harbour Bridge, Silverdale’s central location and local access to stunning beaches, the Auckland Adventure Park and even snowboarding and skiing at Snowplanet make it a desirable place to do business and enjoy its many attractions.
Ten reasons to consider Silverdale to work, live, shop and play:
- Easy, fast access off the northern motorway.
- A dynamic shopping hub with all of New Zealand’s major brands.
- Affordable business and residential properties for sale or rent.
- Endless leisure options from beaches and river kayaking to snow and adventure.
- The home of prestigious New Zealand companies like Mighty Ape and Gough TWL.
- Access to an easy mix of retail, hospitality, services and industrial businesses in one geographic area.
- Hibiscus Coast Bus Station and Park Ride make commuting a breeze.
- Burgeoning population. Approximately 140,000 people are expected to move into the area by 2031 (a vast talent pool, market and networking opportunity).
- The area’s growth rate is faster than the North Shore and Auckland itself.
- The region’s residents earn an above-average income and tend to be more prosperous than the greater Auckland area.
An insight into Silverdale’s history can be discovered at the Pioneer Village situated within the original town area, where some of the area’s original buildings have been preserved.
Another highlight of the Silverdale Village is the traditional Saturday morning market which for more than 30 years has offered fresh produce, crafts, plants, trinkets and clothing stalls down Silverdale Street, rain or shine.
Thanks to our sponsors for making the Silverdale Business events happen
Sponsor of the month
Pop into Gather Cafe in to enjoy a piece of Minty Matcha Brownie Bar paired with a glass of hot Matcha Latte - the perfect way to enjoy a cold winter morning. ❄️☕️😋
Matcha is powdered green tea. The origin of Matcha can be traced back to the Tang Dynasty of China more than 1000 years ago. Since it arrived in Japan in the 12th century, it quickly became an important part of Japanese culture. Nowadays it continues to gain popularity as the latest beverage fad.
Subscribe For Event Updates
Local Events for Silverdale Businesses and the wider Community
Check out the events calendar for the latest information on events happening in the Silverdale region. You can search for community events, shows, fairs, business meetups and more.